On 02.11.2012 03:29, Jorg Schmidt wrote:
-- A major UI enhancement, a sidebar framework for the editors, ported
over from Symphony, and including an API.
I hope I understand correctly that you mean the right side in the picture
http://www.file-extensions.org/imgs/app-picture/4561/ibm-lotus-symphony.gif (OK,
this picture is symphony but the same in AOO). In the picture namend "Text and
CellProperties".

In this case, my question is:

Is there already a compiled test version for Windows?

No, we are still in the planning and evaluation phase. With "we" I mean the AOO community. Please see mail thread [1], here on ooo-dev, for an invitation to participate. Expect more in the week after the ApacheCon. I will be working on the framework aspect of the sidebar but am currently busy with preparing may talks.

-Andre

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201211.mbox/ajax/%3CCAO4%2BhqNH6ukOHtWfcWxGTL14Pytu_awyeOyQfC1_F-a0nJb7ow%40mail.gmail.com%3E

(I do not necessarily mean a formal trial rather a snapshot, my personal problem
is only that I could not compile and therefore need a compiled version.)

Greetings,
Jorg