From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamil...@acm.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 09:07
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: A moderator's view of this list [was: Re: I Hate Your Product]

Fioretti's auto-replier idea is more interesting than a bounce with
instructions to non-subscribers.  It in effect makes a moderated-in
non-subscriber an automatic subscriber to the thread which they have initiated,
and to only that thread.  I think that such a mechanism should notify the OP
that is happening and provide other information as well.

It is an intriguing proposal.  I am not so sure about the edge cases, but they
can't be as messy as what happens now in reality.

 - Dennis

PS: Readers should not presume that there are unlimited resources available to
others.  The extent to which ASF is operated by volunteers with a wide range of
different skills (collectively, not necessarily individually) is quite
remarkable.

[From one moderator to another, here]