From: Michelle Konzack <linux4miche...@tamay-dogan.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 11:48:06
To: <ooo-users@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: A moderator's view of this list [was: Re: I Hate Your Product]

Hello Rob Weir,

> The parent post was not sent by a list subscriber.  Apache lists are
> configured to allow anyone to post, including non-subscribers.  If someone
> is not a subscriber their posts are held for moderation.  If they are not
> spam, I let the post through.  This is true, even if the post is rude.
> (But if it included a lot of swearing I would not let it through).

And what about uses adding HUGE attachmenst of several MBytes  to  there
posts?

On the OpenOffice List I was bombed arround 40 or 50 times with Mails of
4-8 MByte in size and I received the messages on my cellphone.

If I am right, and I have already  gotten  such  monster  mails  on  the
<apache.org> lists, every one can bomb the whole lists whith such  crap,
instead of using "pastebin" or other free public file services..

Reals, I hate such users.  I have to pay 1 Euro/MByte if I am outside of
the UMTS network and it is definitively not funny.

Such mails should be blocked in ANY case

> Now, let's look at it from the user's perspective, and have some sympathy.

Absolutely NOT.

> Their first choice was not to send a note to this list.  Their post comes
> at the end of a long chain of failures and frustrations, being bounced
> around by Dell and Amazon, not figuring out OpenOffice, probably not
> finding a good answer searching Google or on our website.

Is the bouncing of Dell and Amazon the fault of LibreOffice?

> A) First, since the original poster is not subscribed to the list, he is
> not receiving any of the responses, unless he was explicitly copied on the
> response.

If he does not get an response, why does he post?

> B) If the user does subscribe, they will likely soon be frustrated by
> unrelated questions and answers, but be unable to unsubscribe themselves
> without assistance.

He should make a driver-license or a weapon-license for the Internet :-P

> So we all want users to be able to resolve their issues, without
> unnecessary complications.  I think the support forums are a much better
> place for users to raise such questions.

Right, they should post on Web-Forums and not bother mailinglists

> -Rob

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

               Internet Service Provider, Cloud Computing
                <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems@tdnet                     Jabber  linux4miche...@jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Strasse 3                   Tel office: +49-176-86004575
77694 Kehl                          Tel mobil:  +49-177-9351947
Germany                             Tel mobil:  +33-6-61925193  (France)

USt-ID:  DE 278 049 239