On 19/10/2012 VA wrote:
US English dictionary hyphenates words at the wrong place
(Op-enOffice, res-ults, mathem-atics, etc.)  ...
In my Extension Manager, I now have two American English dictionaries
listed.

Note that:
- Dictionary and hyphenation patterns are usually shipped in the same package, but they are independent.
- Hyphenation patterns are in a file named hyph_en_US.dic
- If you get, from any source, another dictionary extension, you might want, instead of installing it, to unzip it (open it with any ZIP handling program, like 7-Zip), take only the file hyph_en_US.dic and overwrite the file hyph_en_US.dic from your OpenOffice installation; do this when OpenOffice is closed and the Quickstarter (OpenOffice icon in system tray) is not running, then reboot. - Extension updates are currently disabled, so "check for updates" will always tell you that no extension updates are available.

Of course, if you find hyphenation patterns that work better we might want to include them in the next releases, so please give us the precise link to download them and we will check license compatibility and possibly include them.

Regards,
  Andrea.