Some hints with screenshots here also:
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

NB: I'm not sure the lock means that you can remove it by the Add/Remove
control panel (but I may be wrong). It usually means that it has been installed
for all users at the standard install. To remove it, you need to tweak the
installation files (have a look at the detailed topic linked in the first post
of the troubleshooting tutorial).

Hagar