On Fri, 26 Oct 2012, Hagar Delest wrote:

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 02:29:16
From: Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Has anyone managed to get the spellchecking working

Some hints with screenshots here also: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

Hagar

Le 26/10/2012 08:29, Bret Busby a écrit :

Hello.

I am running Open Office 3 on Debian 6 ;

"
OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Debian package 1:3.2.1-11+squeeze7
"

I have not been able to get the spellchecking working.

All of the switches are set, for the spell checking to work, and to "check spelling as you type", but, even if I manually try to get the spell checker to check a document, it simply tells me that it has completed, but it does not pick up any errors.

Has anyone managed to get the spellchecker working in Open Offioce writer 3.x, and, if so, what does it take, to get it to work?

I have even enabled the unknown (to me) dictionary of Attilla the Hun or whatever it is, that is the first dictionary listed, in addition to the standard dictionary, but every possible spelling is apparently allowed, and no spellchecking appears to occur.

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
   Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
   "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
   A Trilogy In Four Parts",
   written by Douglas Adams,
   published by Pan Books, 1992

Hello.

Thank you for that.

That looks like it would lead to the solution.

In checking, the extension appears to be missing in my installation.

However;

In the Extension Manager, the link with the label "Get more extensions online, leads to http://extensions.libreoffice.org/getmore?cid=920794 , which does not resolve.

In searching for "extensions for openoffice writer" - not as a contiguous string, but, as separate, individual words, I get results that include http://extensions.openoffice.org/ , which includes a dictionary for "US English Spell Checking Dictionary" , but appears to not include "UK English Spell Checking Dictionary".

Is a UK English spelling dictionary extension, available for Open Office 3.x ?

Also, I note with interest, the extension that is listed on the web page at http://extensions.openoffice.org/ ; "Oracle PDF Import Extension", of which, the description appears to be quite impressive. I have used PDFedit, but have been obly able to perform minimal editing - changing a couple of words in a document, at a time.

On the web page at http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/pdfimport , and on the web page at http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/874/releases , the only Linux version for a 64 bit computer, for which provision is made, appears to be "Linux x86-64" .

I am running Debian Linux 6.0.x on an AMD64 architecture.

Is a version of the "Oracle PDF Import Extension" available for the AMD64 architecture?

Thank you in anticipation.