On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Mark Miesfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Sahananda (Jon) Wolfers
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> 2) Mark said I can use 'Microsoft's free compiler.  (The Express edition.)'
>> Is this 'The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition'?  Where do I get
>> it?  Does it matter if I don't know one end of a brace from the other?
>
> I would get The Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition if at all
> possible.  It will be easier to help you, I think.  Neither Rick nor I
> have moved up to the 2008 version yet.
>
> I'll do a search in a few minutes and then post a link.  You should be
> able to get a working interpreter build without knowing one end of a
> brace from another.  Although, the end of a brace is '}' and not
> really that hard to discern.

Here is link to get Visual C++ 2005:

http://www.microsoft.com/express/2005/download/default.aspx#

on that page you have to look closely at the different selections,
they kind of blend together.  Be sure you select C++ and not say C#.

It looks like Microsoft makes you use a 'setup' exe rather than just
downloading the whole install package.  I did it several years ago.
The install seemed to work okay, but was a little time consuming.

--
Mark Miesfeld.