On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Mark Miesfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here is link to get Visual C++ 2005:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/express/2005/download/default.aspx#
>
> on that page you have to look closely at the different selections,
> they kind of blend together.  Be sure you select C++ and not say C#.

Jon,

On that page, below the download buttons is some move detail on what
you need to do.  You should also install the service pack 1.  There is
an install update for Vista.  You don't need that and I would skip
that.

Then, of course, you also need to install the Platform SDK.  There is
a link on the page to instructions for installing the SDK.  On the
page for the SDK, it lists a bunch of steps for updating some stuff in
Visual C++.  That stuff is only needed if you are going to be using
'Projects' from within Visual C++.  Since you will be building using
the command line, I would not fool with stuff for now.

I just saw that Dave posted a link to get the ISO image.  I would get
the ISO image if you can burn your own CDs.  It gives you better
control.

Here's a link to the SDK ISO image.  I think it is easier to install
Visual C++ from CD and then install the SDK from CD.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E15438AC-60BE-41BD-AA14-7F1E0F19CA0D&displaylang=en