On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 3:54 PM, John Bodoh <john_bo...@infrawise.com> wrote:

> If the purpose is to isolate platform specific functionality, does this
> include the utilities of different platforms like Windows, AIX, UNIX,
> Solaris?

John,

Just to be sure we are clear here, this has nothing to do with the
actual classes, just the documentation.

The purpose, as I see it, is to move section 5.5, titled "Windows
Specific Classes" out of chapter 5, titled "The Builtin Classes."
Because, the Windows specific classes are *not* builtin classes.

Then, having decided to move that part of the documentation, you have
to ask, does that documentation even belong in the ooRexx Reference
book?  Since the rest of the ooRexx Reference is pretty much platform
agnostic, Rick's and my answer is no.

It doesn't have any thing to do with the RexxUtils documentation
either.  That documentation will always stay together, with the
functions that are platform specific being noted.  So things in the
RexxUtil documentation chapter like SysIni will always be in that
chapter, because SysIni is part of the whole package.