Rick,

I found this link which looks useful, to me.  It talks about
pinpointing the location of memory leaks using Visual Studio and the
debugger:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e5ewb1h3(VS.71).aspx

It is actually for Visual Studio .Net, and I can't find a counterpoint
in the VS 2005 docs.  It starts off by saying you need to do this:

#define CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <crtdbg.h>

I looked through crtdbg.h in VS 2005 and it looks like the define is
changed to _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC

It is not clear to me how many of the source files you would need to
add the define and include files to.

If it looks helpful to you, you might be able to figure out what to do
faster than I will.  I'll continue to work on it though.