I suspect most of the issues will not be in the code itself, but
rather the different installs.  I suspect we probably should do this,
the biggest reason being it would allow unix systems to do memory
stick based operations like Windows users can do.  If there is a
resulting chain of bad side effects that results, we always have the
option to reverting back to the current code.

Rick