Ok, some clarification. I am NOT talking about making the install available to a non-root user. I am only speaking to running rxapi as a non-root user. The install will still need to be performed by root.

What will happen is that just after rxapi writes to the pid file code will be added that changes to process owner to "nobody". This will eliminate root privileges for the process and thus make it more attractive to the security paranoid.

The only change will be to add about 5 lines of code to the rxapi startup functions.

David Ashley