On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Sahananda (Jon) Wolfers <
sahana...@windhorse.biz> wrote:

> If you do not sign into sourceforge, but go to the project, select code
> SVN repository and navigate to a particular file, so that you see a listing
> of it, you can then click on the *download this file* link and the file
> is downloaded using your web browser.
>
> Does that not work for you?

Jon,

Yes that does work.  But, using decimalFormat  as an example.

If you navigate through the tree to get to /incubator/decimalFormat, there
are 4 files from Lee.  There is nothing to indicate to the user that you
can download a file.  Nothing to indicate that if you click on a file you
are then able to download it.  Plus, once you do know that, it is a little
tedious to download them 1 by 1.

However at the top of that page there is:

Tree [r9856] <https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/code-0/9856/> /
incubator<https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/code-0/HEAD/tree/incubator/>
 /
decimalFormat<https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/code-0/HEAD/tree/incubator/decimalFormat/>
 / Download Snapshot

My assumption was that "Download Snapshot" would download all 4 files as a
group.  Which would certainly be more convenient then clicking on each file
one by one and downloading them individually.

But, it doesn't.  Instead SourceForge takes 5 or 10 minutes to generate a
256 MB zip file that, if you do download and unzip, doesn't even contain a
single decimalFormat file.

As the person who argued to Mike that SourceForge was easy for people to
use, I can't even think of where to start with an argument that this would
be good for ooRexx users. ;-)

Anyway, I'm not trying to dissuade you from putting your files in the
incubator and giving out directions on hot to get them.  I think you should.

Maybe we can get SourceForge to fix or enhance the "Download Snapshot" so
that it works the way I would intuitively expect it to work.