----- Original Message -----
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thank you for your reply. Our iscsid container runs in host namespace as well
> it has visibility to host pids running, and host networking. So in our case
> container looks more like a nice wrapper for iscsd process. Iscsid process
> has full privileged access to the host's components Please let me know if it
> changes the problem definition from your perspective.

Well, if it's truly running in the root network namespace (not bridged to host)
then it's not what I was thinking.  I know that iscsid runs under docker with
net=host.  Could there be another iscsid process running outside of the
container?  That would block binding to the unix ipc socket, and seems to be
what's mentioned in the issue linked to in your launchpad bug.  Right now there
can be only one iscsid, and it must be in the root/default/global netns (what's
the right terminology here?).