On Jul 13, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Lundgren, Andrew wrote:

I looking for a production ready distributed file system.
. . .
I have been looking for a good printed book to read though to learn more, but really can't find much. Is there a good reference/intro book out there?

You can still find copies of Ric Campbell's good "Managing AFS", tho it's in need of an update. "Distributed Services with OpenAFS: for Enterprise and Education" by Wolfgang A. Gehrke & Franco Milicchio was just published last month; I've not seen a review of it yet. Both are available new from Amazon.