I ordered the new book today.  Thank you.

________________________________

        From: Steve Simmons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 12:39 PM
        To: Lundgren, Andrew; OpenAFS-Info AFS
        Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Production ready?

        On Jul 16, 2007, at 1:53 PM, Steve Simmons wrote:

                On Jul 13, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Lundgren, Andrew wrote:

                        I looking for a production ready distributed
file system.
                        . . .
                        I have been looking for a good printed book to
read though to learn more, but really can't find much.  Is there a good
reference/intro book out there?

                You can still find copies of Ric Campbell's good
"Managing AFS", tho it's in need of an update.  "Distributed Services
with OpenAFS: for Enterprise and Education"
                by Wolfgang A. Gehrke & Franco Milicchio was just
published last month; I've not seen a review of it yet. Both are
available new from Amazon.

        One of our folks at work is reading the Gehrke and Milicchio, he
likes it quite a bit so far. He'll post a review here when finished.

        Steve