On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Andrew Deason <adea...@sinenomine.net>wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 10:53:09 -0400
> Aaron Knister <aar...@umbc.edu> wrote:
>
> > I also tried Andrew's suggestion after realizing I could specify a
> > -server argument so it wouldn't clobber the other volume by the same
> > name but that didn't work either:
>
> Well, that wasn't my suggestion, and yeah, that's not going to work.
> Using those flags is just a convenience thing and isn't going to let you
> do anything a regular 'delent' can't do; they're just a shortcut from
> grepping 'vos listvl' and running 'vos delent' on the parsed names.
>
> If you give derrick or me or someone a copy of your vldb.DB0, we might
> be able to tell you what you can delete... but really, the easiest way
> is just to delete both vldb entries. If you really really don't want to
> temporarily delete the other one, you could just rename it ('vos
> rename') out of the way, and then vos delentry, and rename it back.

[aaronk@linux2:~ $ ] vos rename g.ilin22.local g.ilin22.local.tmp
Renamed volume g.ilin22.local to g.ilin22.local.tmp
[aaronk@linux2:~ $ ] vos delent g.ilin22.local
VLDB: no such entry
Deleted 0 VLDB entries
[aaronk@linux2:~ $ ] vos rename g.ilin22.local.tmp g.ilin22.local
Renamed volume g.ilin22.local.tmp to g.ilin22.local

sigh...the vldb clearly is unhappy. I'll send you a copy of the vldb.DB0

Thanks for your help