On 9/10/2021 1:57 PM, Mark Vitale wrote:

On Sep 10, 2021, at 9:23 AM, deb...@lewenberg.com wrote:

I have two Debian servers: one is buster and one is bullseye. They both run the openafs-client service. When
I run "gbp buildpackage mypackage" it completes successfully on both servers as long as the
directory where I run "gbp" is _not_ in AFS. If I run "gbp" in an AFS directory it
completes successfully on the buster server but fails almost immediately if run on the bullseye server.

What's the AFS client version on each server?
$ rxdebug <buster> 7001 -version
$ rxdebug <bullseye> 7001 -version

bullseye:
Trying 192.168.5.34 (port 7001):
AFS version: OpenAFS 1.8.6-5-debian 2021-09-07 root@bullseye-server

buster:
Trying 192.168.225.188 (port 7001):
AFS version: OpenAFS 1.8.2-1+deb10u1-debian 2021-07-21 root@buster-server

Does the problem resolve iteslf if you retry after:
# echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

No.

$ sudo sh -c "/usr/bin/echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches"

and then a pbuild which resulted in the same error as before. :^(

Thanks,
--
Mark Vitale
mvit...@sinenomine.net