On 9/11/2021 8:44 PM, Jeffrey E Altman wrote:
On 9/11/2021 10:57 PM, deb...@lewenberg.com wrote:
buster:
Trying 192.168.225.188 (port 7001):
AFS version: OpenAFS 1.8.2-1+deb10u1-debian 2021-07-21 root@buster-server

This is a totally broken client because of the RX CID bug and it cannot
successfully communicate with any AFS location server or file server.
Executing

   rxdebug localhost 7001 -allconn -onlyclient

after attempting to access /afs should show a number of connections
whose CID is 80000000.  Every connection between a client and a server
is required to have a unique CID.  If more than one connection has the
80000000 CID then the communication between the peers will be unsuccessful.

The Debian build of OpenAFS labeled version 1.8.6-5 for bullseye
contains a fix for the RX CID bug as does any OpenAFS tagged release
1.8.7 or later.   As indicated by

   https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=openafs

the latest buster package of OpenAFS is 1.8.2-1+deb10u1 which does not
contain the RX CID fix.

While you are undoubtedly correct about the buster version of the OpendAFS client having that bug, it does not seem to affect the building of the Debian package using pbuilder (chroot): the pbuild _works_ on my buster server and _fails_ on my bullseye server.

You can build and deploy a later OpenAFS or you can use the AuriStorFS
client that your employer licenses.

Jeffrey Altman