On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 16:09 -0500, David Teigland wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 03:50:08PM -0500, David Teigland wrote:

> > > It does, I've seen it enough times that Pacemaker has code to deal with
> > > it.
> >
> > I'd call that a serious flaw we need to get fixed.  I'll see if I can make
> > it
> > happen here.
>
> That was pretty simple.
> - set token to 5 minutes
> - nodes 1,2,3,4 are cluster members and members of a cpg
> - on node4: ifdown eth0, kill corosync, ifup eth0, start corosync
> - nodes 1,2,3 seem completely unaware that 4 ever went away
>
> When node 4 joins the cpg after coming back, the cpg on nodes 1,2,3 think that
> a new fifth process/node is joining the cpg.  The cpg on node 4 shows itself
> being added as a new fourth cpg member.
>
> Dave

You want a guarantee that virtual synchrony doesn't provide.  Virtual
synchrony doesn't provide indications of join or left, but only the
current membership.  It has no way of knowing who joined, or left other
then to take the previous membership list and compare it to the current.
Keep that in mind when looking at the joined and left list in your
callbacks.

A proper system using this model doesn't care - it synchronizes every
time regardless of who left or joined based upon whether it has state to
sync that is unique.

I was tempted long ago to remove the join and left lists from the
callbacks, since they don't really make any sense, but the community
said they could deal with this quirk.

regards
-steve