I meant  "/etc/init.d/corosync stop" never returns.
Alain
On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Alain.Moulle <alain.mou...@bull.net> wrote:
Hi,

good news I think : I got a good clue to identify the "unload stalled"
problem , you'll
tell me if it really helps :
in fact, I got again the message :
"Waiting for corosync services to unload:......."
and from there I did from another window :
crm_mon
and saw that a resource was marked as "failed" :
restofencenode6_start_0 (node=node6, call=3, rc=2, status=complete): invalid
parameter
(I know why it fails to start, that's not the issue here in this email)
so I did:
crm resource stop restofencenode6
crm resource cleanup restofencenode6
and there just after the cleanup, the unload is effective
and the /etc/init.d/corosync stop returns ok.

Note that, despite there is always the same invalid parameter, sometimes it
is stalled
in unload module , sometimes it completes despite the resource not cleant up
But 1 time on 4 , it is stalled in unload phase ...

Hope it helps ... ?
Or tell me if I'm wrong anywhere ...

Almost certainly your wrong here. Sorry.
The fact that "sometimes it completes despite the resource not cleant
up" is a convincing argument that its unrelated.

What we need are logs from a failed shutdown.
I would expect them to contain something like:

   corosync[32440]:   [pcmk  ] notice: pcmk_shutdown: Shutdown complete

If you see that, the problem is not anything related to pacemaker.
Beyond that, please try to be more specific about what "hang" means.
Is the whole machine unresponsive or just that "/etc/init.d/corosync
stop" never returns?