Dimitri Maziuk wrote
> On 2015-11-19 05:28, Alexandre Fassio wrote:
>
>> Right, it's true. But, for example, if I have 8 ligands covalently bonded
>> would like to consider these 8 ligands as it were only one ligand and
>> search
>> on the mmCIF dictionary for a ligand that represents the 8 ligands
>> together.
>> Because by searching an ID for each ligand separately I wouldn't be
>> considering the covalent bonds between them.
>
> I think our best option is to e-mail e.g.

> deposit@.rcsb

>  or
> whatever other help address they have (deposit is the one for people
> submitting structures -- but they will forward your question to the
> right people) and ask "how do I find all entries containing e.g.
> NAG-NAG-BMA-BMA-MAN-BMA-MAN-MAN-BMA-BMA" sequence.
>
> Dimitri

Hi Dimitri,

Alright, this is an option too. Meanwhile, I think that the best option is
to evaluate each ligand separately.

After checking on PDBSum as Pascal has suggested to me, I saw that the 8
ligands I had mentioned before are considered as a ligand called
"NAG-NAG-BMA-BMA-MAN-BMA-MAN-MAN-BMA-BMA". Apparently, they don't have a
ligand defined on the Chemical Component Dictionary that would represent
these assembled ligands.

Maybe, the only way to evaluate these ligands will be analysing one by one
separately.

Thank you a lot.

Alexandre