On 2012-08-01, Pau <vim.u...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed 5.1 amd64 (see previous e-mails) on a thinkpad and I
> have these main concerns:
>
> 1) How can I use suspend in a secure way? I am using X, of course, and
> I carry the laptop with me all the time to work in my rucksack. I
> usually suspend it to resume work later with all windows open etc. But
> I would like to know whether there is a way to tell suspend it should
> lock the screen after resuming. Is there such a thing?

I'm using the same method phessler suggested.

> 2) Unfortunately I have to do a lot of video conferencing with some
> people and I was wondering whether there is a way to do it on OpenBSD.
> I know that skype is totally out of question but how about google
> talk? I have also tried to install ekiga but it is shown as "broken"
> when I try to install it from the ports.

Not really anything good at the moment. I have a feeling WebRTC
via a browser might be a good option some time in the future.

> 3) I have realised that firefox and chrome are almost there in playing
> youtube videos via html5 but not quite. I used to play them in the
> past with videoreplacer and gecko-mediaplayer but videoreplacer is not
> available anymore for firefox. Do you have any suggestion for
> alternatives?

Quite a few things play in Firefox in -current (also in Chrome but
there is currently no audio support there for OpenBSD). But I'm still
normally using cclive or get_flash_videos manually, and playing with
vlc, I find playback much smoother that way.