Hi again,

I am trying to understand what the script does (see below) to lock X
immediately after suspending.

Add an /etc/apm/suspend script (make sure it is executable) with the
following:

#!/bin/sh
pkill -USR1 xidle

This script will run as root, when the system suspends.

Moreover, in the man page of pkill -USR1 is not listed.

thanks!

Pau