Kevin,

1. Menu.xml is not intended for translation. It contains (English) keys than are used as pointers to translated interfaces, when selected.
If you remove or miss keys, you end up with a mess.

2. Once you specify "encoding=UTF-8" in your file, it might be not extremely bright idea to use GB2312 encoding in the <name> field. 3. Here in particular, and in your translation in general, you had better use one of the following Chinese offerings
available in UTF-8 tables:

1) Bopomofo
2) Bopomofo extended
3) one of the CJK Otherwise Michael will be having a hard time decoding your translation into one of the 3 options himself.

Since release 0.9.2.4, OpenCA supports only UTF-8 encoded translations of user interface.

Regards, Sergei

Kevin Dong wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I just want to confirm if the menu.xml supports
the other characters.
For Chinese GB translation, I have sent an email to Michael. We will finish
the translation before 29 Feb.

-Kevin Dong
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <item>
<name>Д╦╜Ф√┤</name>
<link>cmd=setLanguage;lang=zh_CN;charset=UTF-8</link>
<target>top</target>
</item>