-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sergei
Vyshenski
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:54 PM
To: openca-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Openca-Users] Chinese vs international

Kevin,

1. Menu.xml is not intended for translation. It contains
(English) keys than are used as pointers to translated
interfaces, when selected.
If you remove or miss keys, you end up with a mess.

2. Once you specify "encoding=UTF-8" in your file,
it might be not extremely bright idea to use GB2312 encoding
in the <name> field.

3. Here in particular, and in your translation in general,
you had better use one of the following Chinese offerings
available in UTF-8 tables:

1) Bopomofo
2) Bopomofo extended
3) one of the CJK

Otherwise Michael will be having a hard time decoding
your translation into one of the 3 options himself.

Since release 0.9.2.4, OpenCA supports
only UTF-8 encoded translations of user interface.

Regards, Sergei