>Isn't it the case that the GPL (????) does NOT allow for the mingling of
>GPLed code with CLOSED & PROPRIETARY code. Its a no-no for OPEN & Not-OPEN
>source in the same package. --- Then it goes to the idea of if the HOME
>STACK would be the same package of the overall distribution of MC.
>
>There has been general talk I've seen in the past for other programs
>instances of the GPL where there is something foreign to me about "LINKING"
>and "DYNAMIC-Linking." User does the links is okay. Right? Libraries and
>such come into play too, right?

Hi,

 "linking" is a technical term here and refers to machine-language source
code being combined in a way that one routine uses another. It does not
apply to putting two files in a folder and having one file display the
others' contents (very simplified). Anyway, it doesn't apply to this case
as far as I can see.

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer

             http://www.weblayout.com/witness
       'The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...'