Hi All,

I almost changed the name of this thread to More MetaCard ponderings.

Alain wrote:
> All MetaCard wants is the GUI,
> and that comes in the form of user-editable stacks.

Sigh. There is so much more to this than a GUI. For us, for them for the
global good, etc.

> Alain: I do not want to awaken the "constitutional"
> dragon, but this kind of fundamental change was one of
> the main drives behind making our own constitution.

Agree. The constitutional dragon is in slumber. Yes, it MUST be put back
into action in due time. Later.

> Are we or are we not open-source?
Yes, we are. And, what I was mentioning with a dual release is still
OPEN-Source. Both are OPEN-Source. Its the LICENSE that can be changed so we
have two (or more) if it is MORE ideal to do so.

> Can contributions be
> revoked and/or their licencing changed? I think not.
I think not too. Not a mention of _revoking_ nor _changed-licenses_ has been
mentioned by me. I want to do it BEST from the outset -- and that is NOT
about revoking.

But, licenses can change. There is a mention the GPL that it can be changed.
And, even Scott (MC) or any other organization can change their licenses.
So, at face value, licenses can be changed.

More so, this whole process is about the management of change. The software
is going to change. The licenses and relationships are going to change. The
industry is going to change. The baazar is all about change.

> Alain: We are FreeCard. Let's get our own house in
> order before venturing afield to create associations
> with other enterprises. MetaCard is not a member of
> FreeCard. Nor is Scott at this time. He told me so himself.

First off, I know what Scott said. I agree, he may choose to NOT be a FC
stakeholder.

HOWEVER: We are NOTHING without associations and relationships with others
and other enterprises -- except an island. We will not get anywhere without
an open-ways attitude that extends and embraces.

I don't want our heads in the sand. I don't want to loose ground and loose
trust by making un-calculated moves that are a pain to un-do.

----

My wishes:
#1. We have a GPLed FreeCard.

#2. We do everything and anything we can to get a massive (the rest of us)
influx of folks using and co-developing FreeCard. To do this, IMSNHO, we are
going to want to use as much leverage as possible, and this might include
using all of our options with various flavors of licenses. A second or a
third license release that covers our flanks and can greatly appeal to more
of the unwashed is something that I'm hopefull we'll all understand and
agree to in deployment and execution.

-----

Mark Rauterkus
[EMAIL PROTECTED]