Hi All,

Nod, nod.....

>> Mark: ... and this might include using all of
>> our options with various flavors of licenses.
>
> Alain: Flavours of GPL, eh!  We are not talking about
> a radical change in dietary habits. ;-)
>
>> Mark: A second or a third license release that
>> covers our flanks and can greatly appeal to more
>> of the unwashed is something that I'm hopeful
>> we'll all understand and agree to in deployment
>> and execution.
>
> ...Given that we are talking about variations on
> the GPL theme, I no longer have any serious objections
> to what you propose
> ... except one: ... stalling progress ...

Just to be clear as can be. I'm advocating the possibility that we consider
multiple releases with various licenses beyond the first, and that FIRST and
PRIME license would be the GPL (+- Exception). The extra license releases
would be some flavor with a strong "open-source" component --- but they may
not be some flavor of the specific GPL. I think that there are two official
versions of the GPL, the GNU GPL and the Library GPL (LGPL). But, there are
seemingly many open-source software licenses.

Yes, as you said before, and I love that quote, FWIW, we are NOT talking
about various license flavors that cause a radical change in dietary habits.

Bingo!

Mark Rauterkus
[EMAIL PROTECTED]