on 6/4/00 5:43 AM, DeRobertis at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> At 9:43 PM +0200 on 4/4/00, M. Uli Kusterer wrote:
>
>> 2) It'd be an added nicety if you made the stack smaller. I have an 800x600
>> screen and need to use the scroll box (!), and there's so much whitespace
>> and all the fields are scrolling anyway.
>
> Ouch! Let's make a standard for FreeCard clear: It will work on 13"
> (640x480) monitors. The reason for this is simple: That's what O have,
> and I'm not developing something that won't run on my system :-)
>
> Let's make it work on the old 9", too, because HC does.

Adrian: I'm not going to spend time developing for 9" screens, they're just
so uncommon now.  I will, however, strive to reduce wasted space while still
maintaining useability and attractiveness.  I'm sure you will regularly
catch me designing for my 17" screen though.  Sigh.  And it gets worse, I'm
eying off a new computer with a 21" monitor. :)

>> ...at Uni
>
> I'm curious. Does this just just mean university? Or is the place named
> "Uni"? If the former, what's its name?

Adrian: Uni is short for University yes.

>> I'm
>> sure Anthony would like this, too, in case the design of his NuParser would
>> benefit from that.
>
> From what I've heard, it looks like I'm doing something simular -- even
> though I derived it myself <g>.

Adrian: Yes, I thought your description sounded a lot like my method.  If it
turns out to be too similar, it may turn out to be better for you to
concentrate more on NuInterpreter.  But we will see how the two projects
develop.  Please do post progressive updates of NuParser so that we don't
waste time developing identical code.  I will strive to do the same with my
project (and I'll think of a cool name for it too).

> BTW: People need to sign up at Sourceforge.

Adrian: ditto.  Do it today, don't wait!  This is the chance of a lifetime!
Don't miss this opportunity to lead the way to a better future.  Earn $$$
from home!  Oh wait, scratch that last one for now. :)

Adrian Sutton

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                    Ph: 3714 4649
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.
The world owe's you nothing - it was here first.
        -- Mark Twain.