> but I am not pursuing this path because I want object-oriented code - the
> generated code should be of industrial quality.

I see Prolog-derivatives as implementation of backtracking reasoner on top
of hypergraph knowledge base -- prolog rules look like exclusively
hypergraph beast.

Maybe you should look here ? This Ergo/Flora system include mix of

   - Minsky frames looks like native representation for object-based
   software systems, and
   - Transactional Reasoning represents state machines behavior in logic
   programming domain.

https://sites.google.com/a/coherentknowledge.com/ergo-suite-tutorial/

and free core at http://flora.sourceforge.net/

Flora-2  (a.k.a. Ergo Lite) is an advanced object-oriented knowledge
representation and reasoning system. It is a dialect of F-logic with
numerous extensions, including meta-programming in the style of HiLog,
logical updates in the style of Transaction Logic, and defeasible
reasoning. Applications include intelligent agents, Semantic Web,
knowledge-based networking, ontology management, integration of
information, security policy analysis, and more.

At first time I thought about opencog as a partner for Flora, firstly, as a
visualization tool (it seems Flora lacks it) and as a generic engine for
non-backtracking applications.
But I found lot of problems with opencog nonportability and lack of
prebuilt packages for Debian Linux, not speaking about necessity to shove a
buggy virtualbox to my win32 host system.

Now I'm playing with http://hypergraphdb.org as standin for opencog at this
role.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/7ead7c35-ec95-4ddf-874c-0f4ddb38a935%40googlegroups.com.