Scott approached me about this at Viz'99 and I agreed (happily) to sit in
as the "vendor representative" of OpenDX, so I'll be there.   Do we know
who the three users he mentioned are?   I bet one will be from NCSC - I
helped them with a project for Supercomputing '99 that looked pretty good.
Who else will be able to attend?  It was originally intended to take place
in RTP, North Carolina, so I figured that I'd at least get to meet Suhaib
(as well as visit my old haunts in Chapel Hill and get some decent
barbeque), but I don't know whether any  of the list members are reasonably
local or can travel.  I guess I'm reasonably local; I'm in Westchester
County NY, 90min to 2 hours from Princeton.   I'll try to get some of the
other IBM DXers to attend as well.

I'm not sure what platforms Scott plans to make available.   I have a
233MHz Thinkpad running Linux that I can take; and a 133MHz Thinkpad
running Windows.  Maybe I can get my hands on a faster Windows machine.
Since one of OpenDX's advantages over the competition is that it takes
advantage of SMP parallel systems, I hope there'll be one there I can use.

I'm also intending to show off some new stuff -certainly the ActiveDX
component stuff, maybe I'll have DDX at a presentable level by then.

Greg