> As for the Motif 2.1 stuff. Rick Scott, our lesstif god,
> and Suhaib,
> the cygwin god, had commented that there were going to
> probably be
> problems with Motif 2.1. A lot of the Motif stuff had
> been coded by
> someone with knowledge of the internals of Motif. Please
> file a bug
> report about the control panel crashing a system with Motif 2.1.
> Maybe somebody will have time to look at it.
>
> David

Just a note.  As far as my kowledge is concerned.  OSF/MOTIF (which
SGI uses) had strcp bugs.  That was the reason we licensed OS/MOTIF
2.1.21 code because it supposedly had been fixed in 2.1.21 (as I
read in motif 2.1.21 Release notes).  2.1 also seems to have a
problem with x11r6.4 (particularly libX11).  IRIX 6.5.x uses
X11R6.4, I think so.  MOTIF 2.1.21 source code contains a patch for
X11R6.4 to fix some bugs related to MOTIF.

Try compiling with -32 instead of -n32?  I often had a good
experience with it.

Suhaib