Hi Mark. I remember that monster.

In my case, it's not the exec performance (that's not noticeably bad) but the UI. I don't remember the earlier genetic parent of this net slowing down though it was probably about as big. That's why I wondered if people had seen this slowing response time in the UI itself. It's too damn big to rebuild from the ground up, starting from scratch to reset the module numbering back to 1.

I just noticed that the numbering counter proceeds from the start of the DX UI SESSION, and is not reset even if you start a new net. You have to kill the UI and start over! I dropped a macro onto a newly started editor on a newly started DX UI session, which macro had named transmitters internally. Then to test to see what the first numbered transmitter is, I dropped one and got wireless_9. I started a new net and the first and only transmitter is called wireless_10. I kill DX, restart, drop one and get wireless_1.

Chris Pelkie
Vice President/Scientific Visualization Producer
Conceptual Reality Presentations, Inc.
30 West Meadow Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850
[EMAIL PROTECTED]