Hi Seref,

What you have here is a classic example of questionnaire-based data
collection, which made sense in a paper-base world but is totally
out-of-whack if one is trying to retreive/pre-populate the data from
an EHR. It is exactly the issues we discussed about DV_BOOLEAN vs.
DV_CODED_TEXT


If you take the first example

on thyroxine:                   f, t.

EHR:: Query on ACTION.medication + Drug term

query on thyroxine:             f, t.

on antithyroid medication:      f, t.
EHR:: Query on ACTION.medication

sick:                           f, t.
Tricky !! Can only be recorded by the human investigator

pregnant:                       f, t.
Tricky !! Can only be recorded by the human investigator . Notoriously
tricky to keep track of a patient's pregnancy state

thyroid surgery:                f, t.

Query on ACTION.procedure + Snomed term

I131 treatment:                 f, t.
Query on ACTION.procedure + Snomed term

query hypothyroid:              f, t.
Query on EVALUATION.problem + Snomed term

query hyperthyroid:             f, t.
Query on EVALUATION.problem + Snomed term

lithium:                        f, t.
Query on EVALUATION.problem + Snomed term

goitre:                         f, t.
Query on EVALUATION.problem + Snomed term

tumor:                          f, t.
Query on EVALUATION.problem + Snomed term

hypopituitary:                  f, t.
Query on EVALUATION.problem + Snomed term

psych:                          f, t.
Query on EVALUATION.problem + Snomed term

TSH measured:                   f, t.
TSH:                            continuous.
T3 measured:                    f, t.
T3:                             continuous.
TT4 measured:                   f, t.
TT4:                            continuous.
T4U measured:                   f, t.
T4U:                            continuous.
FTI measured:                   f, t.
FTI:                            continuous.

TBG measured:                   f, t.
TBG:                            continuous.

Queries on OBSERVATION.lab_test.v1 and ? LOINC/SNOMED terms


Realistically though you will probably have to re-create the Y/N questionaire!!

What is the overall requirement?

Ian

Dr Ian McNicoll
office +44 (0)1536 414994
fax +44 (0)1536 516317
mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
skype ianmcnicoll
ian.mcnicoll at oceaninformatics.com

Clinical analyst,?Ocean Informatics, UK
openEHR Clinical Knowledge Editor www.openehr.org/knowledge
Honorary Senior Research Associate, CHIME, UCL
BCS Primary Health Care ?www.phcsg.org




On 17 February 2011 15:18, Seref Arikan
<serefarikan at kurumsalteknoloji.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> In the context of my PhD work at UCL, I'll be needing some archetypes
> to model the clinical data which I'll be using. If by any chance. I
> can get my hands on some existing archetypes which are likely to
> contain the domain information that I'm working on, that'd help a lot.
> At the moment I'm working on some thyroid data, and in worst case I'll
> be creating a dummy archetype which would probably be a nightmare from
> an experience modeller's point of view.
> So if you know any existing archetypes (maybe in CKM?) which may be
> relevant for the type of data I'm working on, it would be great to
> hear about them. The following links point to descriptions of data
> sets, which would provide an overview of the type of clinical data I'm
> using at the moment.
>
> http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/machine-learning-databases/thyroid-disease/allhypo.names
> http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/machine-learning-databases/thyroid-disease/thyroid0387.names
> http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/machine-learning-databases/thyroid-disease/new-thyroid.names
> http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/machine-learning-databases/thyroid-disease/allrep.names
>
> I'm likely to repeat this question based on other clinical data, but
> for the moment I have not given up on using this data set.
>
> Best Regards
> Seref Arikan
> _______________________________________________
> openEHR-clinical mailing list
> openEHR-clinical at openehr.org
> http://lists.chime.ucl.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical
>


Reply via email to