Hi Øystein,

There seems to be a misunderstanding:

OpenEHR is a specification of a reference model and archetypes, etc, it is not software, but there is some software to download.
I was trying to be helpful, but it turns out that I was confusing instead.
I am sorry for that.

In the OpenEHR specification, there is versioning specified, this is versioning of data-entries. I think now you are referring to that, so I explain that part. If I am wrong again, please rephrase your question.
Thanks

According tho theOpenEHR specification, entered data are for ever to keep, they cannot be changed, overwritten or deleted. They are saved with references to audit-records (describing who entered the data, when they are entered, why ,etc)
All this is saved for ever.

But in the case when there is an error in entered data, it is possible to enter changed data . Those changed data, however, do not overwrite the erroneous data, but create a new version of the same data-entry.
Together with new audit-data,.
So that both, the data-entry with the error, and the changed data are saved, but the changed data have the latest version-number, and are the one the system normally refers to.

How this is happening from technical point of view, is, according to my last reading of the specs, not specified. The software-architecture must take care that previous versions, together with according audit data, can be retrieved.
There are more ways to do this.

I hope I explained it clear
Excuse again for being confusing.

Best regards