Vincenzo Della Mea wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> my name is Vincenzo Della Mea, I'm researcher (Medical Informatics)
> at  the University of Udine, Italy, with interests until now directed
> to  telemedicine.
>
> I'm investigating now how to use OpenEHR as a teaching aid for a
> Medical Informatics course: as a model, I think is very well
> developed  and educational for what regards the correct implementation
> of EHRs.
> So, my question is: I read on the web site that there will be some
> Java  implementation available sooner or later. Do you now, at least
> in  principle, when?

there are a couple of Java implementations underway.

The timetable for openEHR is roughly as follows:

- stable release "0.9" by end April (validated by formal tools); will
include specifications and XML schemas.
- The validation is done by Eiffel tools, and an Eiffel expression of
the specification will also be available around this time
- initial C# and Java implementations will probably start being released
around this time, e..g for datatypes, demographics and so on.

- thomas beale

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org