Hi,

Age=: Time since an reference event took place and is expressed as:
lightyears, years, months, days, minutes, seconds (and parts thereof)
There is one fixed reference point and one changing (non-fixed)
reference point in time.

e.g.
Event: big bang of our universe -> age of the universe
Event: birth of a person -> age of a person

Puberty=: ???
What is the reference event? Start of sexual development? Certain
hormonal changes? Or is this the time of birth?
We have two fixed reference points (two fixed referenced events) in
time and no non-fixed point in time.
This type of concept is clearly different from the 'Age' concept as
defined above.

My point is:
Concepts like these are expressed in the same manner as 'Age'.
But are different.
Question to be answered: How will we name these two distinct types of
concepts?
Peter is using the term 'relative age' to indicate things like puberty,
or menopause.
Both types of concepts are relative since any time measurement is
relative.
So we need a better term.

In my system of concepts
'Age of a person' is just one  of the  co-ordinates to place an object
in time-space with its birthdate as reference event

'Age at which a person entered the state of puberty' is not placing a
person in time-space co-ordinates. It is indicating a change of state
of the person and the time at which this took place expressed using the
concept 'age of a person'. It is expressing a functional aspect
belonging to the person.

Gerard

--  <private> --
Gerard Freriks, arts