TNO, the institute I work for, is of the opinion that the archiving
solution is the preferred one.

By the way.
The topic started discussing demographic services.

In general interoperability translates into the need for many shared
points of reference.
So for identities of persons as wel.
Since persons are recorded in systems using a set of more or less
unique features and since these unique features vary in time, one
person will have many digital identities.
This calls for a mechanism that unites all these variations on one
theme.
Eg the demographic server.

Gerard

-- <work> --