Hi,

As convenor of CEN/TC251wg1 responsible for the EN13606 EHR standard
I'm reading with interest the e-mail exchanges.

It is good to understand that:
- the EN13606 EHR standard is a European standard that contains several
open ends (optionalities, abstract data types instead of implementable
data types, etc)
- the application of the standard needs an Implementation Specification
that is valid in a certain domain.

Discussions like these between implementers are very valuable.
a) they result in implementation specifications.
b) they inform the standards makers and help improve the standard.

I support Thomas idea to summarise important threads and store them in
a FAQ repository.
This will help produce localised Implementation Specifications.

Gerard Freriks

ps: Hopefully an national  implementation  process will this year start
in the Netherlands.
The proposal is to produce a Controlled Open Source Reference
Implementation of OpenEHR that will be conformant to CEN/Tc 251
EN13606.
(Today the Dutch Government is discussing it)
When that implementation process starts, I expect that more discussions
will arrise.

Gerard Freriks, MD
Convenor CEN/TC251 WG1

TNO Quality of Life