Hi all,

Got some tips, just put a database under it and a GUI above, and there
is an application.
Sounds to me like a practical joke ;-)
If it is that easy? why isn't this easy piece of work not published,
somewhere on the openehr website?

I have no problem writing a GUI, or a persistence-layer, in fact, that
are the most simple things to do for a programmer.
First year of the programmers school you learn using and writing
persistence layers.
OK, to write a good GUI involves usability-knowledge. But a stupid GUI
any programmer can build.

Is a special structure of the persistence-classes needed, an API so to
say? I guess so, but that is only one of the questions.
But how to connect them to the OpenEhr class-structure puzzles me. F.e.
a few sequence diagrams with classes in it would help.

I know, the idea of OpenEhr is in fact simple, beautiful by its
simplicity. When working out, simplicity turns into complexity. A normal
process in ICT.
I know from experience that for someone involved in building a project,
it is very easy to understand its documentation.
In fact such a person does not even need the docs.
For someone coming new to such a project it is very hard to step into
the many many pages of documentation.
This is espcecially true when there is nothing really doing something,
and the project is incomplete.

Something else:
OpenSDE
http://www2.eur.nl/fgg/mi/OpenSDE/
I looked to the openSDE-project, which should be inspired by the
OpenEhr, as I heard. It really takes to much of my time, to find out if,
or in howfar this is true.
Maybe someone want to say something in short about this.

I was spending some time in their docs, and I found that it was a very
open project. The db-scheme's are documented, the API's which are
involved in every part of its functionality are explained in detail. I
could start right away with this project.
My first impression is that it is flexible in implementation, easy in
implementation, it has a domain model editor, a simple datamodel, it
looks a lot like OpenEhr, but I must say, I am not the right person for
qualifying this. I hope people who are, and reading this list, and
having time, can spent some words on it.

regards
Bert Verhees