Sam would be better able to give an idea of all the health professionals
who have been consulted, but certainly in Australia, Vince McCauley (a
pathologist) has been extremely helpful on pathology result detail.
Also, people like Heath Frankel and Grahame Grieve who have worked with
HL7v2 messages for years have provided quite a lot of input on details
(for example in Release 1.0, there is now a summary attribute for
Historical data structures, directly due to Grahame's advice on the
shape of lab data his software handles - see
http://www.openehr.org/uml/Browsable/_9_0_76d0249_1109157527311_729550_7234Report.html).

Is it enough? At this stage I would be fairly confident that the models
are good enough for most pathology data (certainly everything any of the
docs working with openEHR has seen). Are they perfect? Of course not. We
always need more input. The confidence level stuff implied by your
requirements (let's treat them as epi/public health data requirements)
would make things better; we just have to determine a) what scope of
data they apply to (e.g. how much sophistication do we need in the EHR
compared to say a dedicated data warehouse designed for statistical
studies?) and b) how to add them to the current model in a way
compatible with what is there.

I think that he idea of a workshop is a good one; I would prefer to see
clinical professionals here take up the suggestion and do something with
it; I don't see these kinds of discussions as being IT driven - they are
all about articulating requirements.

- t

CTO Ocean Informatics (http://www.OceanInformatics.biz)
Research Fellow, University College London (http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk)