Thomas Beale wrote:
> Grahame Grieve wrote:
>> I agree with this - that's it good enough now.
>>
>> I think this thread is starting to talk about things which aren't
>> properly part of the data type, they are conceptual things about
>> the result values, and should be modelled explicitly in the archetypes.
> Grahame,
>
> is it your feeling that we need to have a better model of accuracy, i.e.
> more like the confidence interval idea? Or are we ok with what we have?
> My gut feeling is to leave the current DV_QUANTITY the way it is and
> consider either
> a) doing nothing - treat Tim's requirements as requirements not on
> primary data going into the EHR, but on generated data of the kind found
> in an epidemiological/statistical style of system or

I think that is the best option, but I must point out that not all of
the things I mentioned were purely of interest to epidemiologists and
statisticians. I don't have time to look right now, but I am sure
openEHR has the issue of normal/reference ranges for lab results well
and truly covered, but the issue of the specificity/sensitivity/PPV/NPV
of a particular type/method/brand of test *is* of immediate clinical
interest in some circumstances, and doesn't belong only in a data
warehouse. But it probably belongs in the Archetype, not the reference
model.

Tim C