Thomas,

In a data type like DV - in my mind- only flags can be raised that
indicate the technicalities of that number. And that means "round off
error" with which it is reported.

All other flags are at the archetype level.
Null-Flavors belong there. It is all at the semantic level, the
knowlegde level.
And not the numeric interpretation level.

Gerard

-- CEN/tc251 Convenor --

Gerard Freriks, MD
convenor CEN/tc251 WG1