On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 07:33 -0600, Ignacio Valdes wrote:
> My original call was for how many actual patients does anyone have
> entered into any OpenEHR system for inclusion into the paper which
> will be voted on November 9th-11th.  I need these today but I will
> take them if I can get them tomorrow. Does anyone have those numbers?
>
> -- IV

Well, that's kind of (though not exactly) like asking how many actual
patients are entered into an HL7 system.   It is non-sensical to ask
such a question.

OpenMRS probably has more patients entered than any other FOSS
application.  However that doesn't mean that it is THE application to be
used by everyone/everywhere.

MY point was that the paper should be rejected because it doesn't
address the underlying issue.  That underlying issue is that for FOSS
healthcare applications, to be successful in the traditional FOSS sense,
must be based on truly open, available and well engineered
specifications.  Not unlike how Ethernet trumped Token Ring.  It was
open and available for everyone.  From the hardware layer to the top,
the Internet exists today because of open and available specifications.
Once healthcare wakes up to this idea we can count on real progress as
well.

Cheers,
Tim