This 1..1 default for existence is an unfortunate error in the ADL 1.4
specification, and is gone in the ADL 1.5 specification. For the most
reliable place to validate archetypes, see the new ADL 1.5 Workbench,
coming out in a few days.

- thomas beale

On 16/07/2010 13:09, Leonardo Moretti wrote:
> Thanks Alessandro,
> yes you are right, generally protocol is optional in RM, but I'm wondering
> if it becomes mandatory when defined in the archetype.
> ADL doesn't explicit the occurrences of protocol (I imagine the default is
> 0..1), but in XML representation of the archetype I find
> <attributes xsi:type="C_SINGLE_ATTRIBUTE">
>        <existence>
>          <lower_unbounded>false</lower_unbounded>
>          <upper_unbounded>false</upper_unbounded>
>          <lower>1</lower>
>          <upper>1</upper>
>        </existence>
>        <rm_attribute_name>protocol</rm_attribute_name>
>        <children xsi:type="C_COMPLEX_OBJECT">
>          <rm_type_name>ITEM_TREE</rm_type_name>
>          <occurrences>
>            <upper_included>true</upper_included>
>            <lower_included>true</lower_included>
>            <upper_unbounded>false</upper_unbounded>
>            <lower_unbounded>false</lower_unbounded>
>            <upper>1</upper>
>            <lower>1</lower>
>          </occurrences>
>          <node_id>at0011</node_id>
>
> where lower occurences number is 1 and not 0! Maybe is the XML serialization
> wrong!?
>
> leo
>

> Alessandro Torrisi-3 wrote:
>
>> Leo,
>>
>> perhaps you can look to this :
>>
>> http://www.openehr.org/svn/specification/TRUNK/publishing/architecture/rm/ehr_im.pdf
>>
>> then section 8.3.3. CARE_ENTRY Class
>>
>> over there you can see that protocol is 0..1  So never be mandatory
>>
>> Alessandro
>>

>> On 16 July 2010 11:47, Leonardo Moretti<lmoretti at noemalife.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Alessandro,
>>> items cardinality matches {0..*; unordered} is referred to "items"
>>> elements,
>>> not to "protocol" element
>>>
>>> This means we can have something like this:
>>> <observation>
>>> <data>
>>> </data>
>>> <protocol archetype_node_id="at0011" xsi:type="ITEM_TREE">
>>>     <name>
>>>         <value>*List(en)</value>
>>>     </name>
>>> </protocol>
>>> <observation>
>>>
>>> Is the section
>>> <protocol archetype_node_id="at0011" xsi:type="ITEM_TREE">
>>>     <name>
>>>         <value>*List(en)</value>
>>>     </name>
>>> </protocol>
>>> mandatory, even if it doesn't have any items?
>>> Looking at the archetype defintion, so it seems!
>>>
>>> leo

>>> are

>>> "protocol"

>>> don't

>> --
>> Alessandro Torrisi

Ocean Informatics       *Thomas Beale
Chief Technology Officer, Ocean Informatics
<http://www.oceaninformatics.com/>*

Chair Architectural Review Board, /open/EHR Foundation
<http://www.openehr.org/>
Honorary Research Fellow, University College London
<http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/>
Chartered IT Professional Fellow, BCS, British Computer Society
<http://www.bcs.org.uk/>
Health IT blog <http://www.wolandscat.net/>

*
*