Thank you Ian, you are right, null_flavour tag is not needed.
But in the previous post I proposed also an other change: in the original
ADL code
ELEMENT[at0033] occurrences matches {0..1} matches {    -- Comment
       value matches {
               DV_TEXT matches {*}
       }
}
value doesn't have the existence attribute specified.
Being the default for existence attribute {1..1}, a DV_TEXT value tag is
required! But when we have an empty Comment, we cannot have a DV_TEXT value
tag, so we can neither have the whole ELEMENT structure, and so we cannot
specificy a null_flavour!

To be able to do this, this extension would be needed:
ELEMENT[at0033] occurrences matches {0..1} matches {    -- Comment
       value existence matches {0..1} matches {
               DV_TEXT matches {*}
       }
}

regards