From: pazospa...@hotmail.com
To: openehr-clinical at openehr.org; openehr-technical at openehr.org;
openehr-implementers at openehr.org
Subject: Outcomes & conclusions of the openEHR course in spanish (& ideas
for the future)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 18:14:41 -0300

Hi everyone,
Recently we have ended the first edition of the course with a huge success. And
now we are thinking about the next steps to take.
Here is a post on my blog about the conclusions and future actions:
http://informatica-medica.blogspot.com/2012/01/conclusiones-del-curso-de-openehr-en.html(yo
 can see it in english by clicking ENGLISH on the top right corner of the blog).

I want to share with the community a couple of ideas mentioned there. It would
be very nice to know what you think.
openEHR certification:
The first idea is on standarizing openEHR training, and to think about an
openEHR certification. I think this could be very good for the community and
for the openEHR organization too.
It could be possible to create a mail list for openEHR trainers
(openehr-trainers at openehr.org)? So we could discuss about the topics and
ways of evaluation, and come out with an standard minimal program to all
openEHR courses.
If we reach a standard minimal program for openEHR courses, could we get formal
support from openEHR.org to issue internationally valid openEHR certificates?
(obviously this is a question for the future, but IMO we need to start thinking
about it now).

10 projects to adopt openEHR:
We thought about 10 projects (or so) in two areas: software and clinical
modeling.
Because openEHR propose a tool-chain based process of creating EHRs, we need to
have each one of the links of that chain in order to adopt and implement
openEHR easily.
Now there is a little tooling available, and some of it is not open source. In
projects at a national level we need to use open source software, because each
country will need to make it's own customizations to each tool.
In the other hand, we need to model other things that are clinical knowledge
too, like processes and rules to enable CDS, in order to support full EHR
implementation (e.g. I think we could recommend ways to express rules based on
archetype ids and paths, and create software tools to support that
specification, but we need to work the openEHR services specs first....).
There is a diagram on my blog post that shows the tools we propose to 1.
develope if there is no tool that support its functionality or it's
closed-source, 2. improve the current open source tools.
On the clinical modeling side, we have engaged doctors and nurses on the
creation and translation of archetypes. Now there are two of our students that
already commited archetypes to the CKM: Dr. Domingo Liotta and Dr. Leonardo Der
Jachadurian.
I hope we could propose to create prototypes of those projects in out local
universities and coordinate the projects so we do not overlap each other, with
the objective of completing the tool chain with open source developments.

What do you think?

--
Kind regards,
Ing. Pablo Pazos Guti?rrez