Hi Ian,
> I think we could probably agree the core training requirements quite
> quickly but the real problem is how any certification process could be
> policed and funded. Who trains the trainers, who checks that they are
> delivering the core content?
I think we could break down the problem into certification for students (what
they have learned) and certification for trainers (who is validated by the
foundation to give quality courses). E.g. a not certificated trainer could make
a course for students to study for the certification evaluation, and if they
pass, they receive a certification (as students). What is certified here is the
evaluation process, not the course itself. The course and the evaluation could
be different things, like in english courses (here we pay for a course, and if
we want the certificate, we pay for the exam).
Obviously, a course given by a certified trainer could be more costly than a
course given by a not-certified trainer, but students from both courses could
be certified because de evaluation process is the same, and is supported by
openEHR.org. I totally agree that certification processes should have a fee for
the foundation, but I think the current funding model should change in order to
do that (I participated in a discussion not so long ago where we discuss about
funding and governance
http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/oecom/Community+Governance).

> In Ocean we certainly have a set of core
> training materials but these are adapted and amended for every
> specific customer - the requirements for a clinical audience is
> somewhat different from a technical audience or mixed audience and
> time avaialble differs half-day, one day, three day?? ...  and again
> for a vendor client vs. a national organisation. If we have 'certified
> training', to what extent does that prevent us from adapting content
> for specific clients and circumstances - I know this is the case for
> some UK training certification processes. it is one thing to specify
> the core requirements but quite another to ensure that these are being
> properly adhered to.
>
> I think the only suggestion I would have for your tool chain diagram
> is that with ADL1.5 I think we will have the same tool for archetypes
> and semantic templates i.e non-GUI. We will also need mapping tools
> for mesage integration and requirements integration and an AQL editing
> tool.
About the tool chain, I've joined archetype and template editors
(semantic/structural artifacts), looking forward the new specs, and there is
another tool for GUI template edition.I totally agree with the inclusion of
AQL/a-path/other querying mechanisms/formalisms and message tools should be
included on the chain.
Kind regards,Pablo.