Just for fun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_(mathematics)

          Maybe the problem is trying
                to validate against the archetype at first and then
                validate the IM. I think it should be IM 1st and AM 2nd.
                But of course, I may overlooked some pathological case
                and this might not work on 100% of the cases.

    I don't know why you call it pathological, as if it has to do with
    humans, something with freaks who want to crash systems, it can
    surely be the case.

    But more likely is a system which has a bug, and creates a faulty
    dataset. A "pathological" dataset can be the result of a buggy
    system.